As of May 1, 2015, the Ministry of Education will no longer provide funding to school districts for tuition-free upgrading courses for adults who already hold a high school diploma. If you have graduated and plan to upgrade courses, please be aware that fees will have to be paid once all registration information is submitted.
You can read the full Ministry of Education press release here:
Burnaby Online accepts registrations from the following students:
- Full-time Grades K - 12 (must not be attending any other school and do not have to live in district)
- Part-time Grades 8 - 12 (secondary students who want to take extra courses - they do not have to live in district)
- Adults (19 years old or over) and ungraduated (Click here for Adult Grad Information)
- Adults who have graduated must pay a fee for the course. The current fee is $550 plus a $100 book deposit, if applicable
Students in the following categories can register but there are systematic requirements:
- Part-time out of district Grades K - 7. Requirement: Can register as long as Burnaby Online is their only enrolled learning institution. Cannot be registered at any other school in British Columbia.
If you have questions, please call us at 604.664.2526, ext. 1
We have a Challenge Math 8 program for in district Grade 7 students but it has rigorous guidelines for inclusion.
Register in 3 easy steps
- Complete our online registration form. Click on the following link. Register Now
Keep in mind that registration acceptance only moves the registrant to the review stage, it does not guarantee entrance into our program.
Final approval and entrance will be granted:
- Once our counsellor and SBRT team review all pertinent files and paperwork and
- If the student learning style fits the online learning profile, and
- Once any applicable course fees are paid