+As of May 1, 2015, the Ministry of Education will no longer provide funding to school districts for tuition-free upgrading courses for adults who already hold a high school diploma. If you have graduated and plan to upgrade courses, please be aware that fees will have to be paid once all registration information is submitted.
You can read the full Ministry of Education press release here:
Burnaby Online accepts registrations from the following students:
- Full-time Grades K - 12 (must not be attending any other school and do not have to live in district)
- Part-time Grades 8 - 12 (secondary students who want to take extra courses - they do not have to live in district)
- Adults (19 years old or over) and ungraduated (Click here for Adult Grad Information)
- Adults who have graduated must pay a fee for the course. The current fee is $550 plus a $100 book deposit, if applicable. If you are graduated and were born before July 1, 1997 you will have to pay the fee.
Students in the following categories can register but there are systematic requirements:
- Part-time out of district Grades K - 7. Requirement: Can register as long as Burnaby Online is their only enrolled learning institution. Cannot be registered at any other school in British Columbia.
If you have questions, please call us at 604.664.2526, ext. 1
We have a Challenge Math 8 program for in district Grade 7 students but it has rigorous guidelines for inclusion.
Register in 3 easy steps
*** Registration for for Summer Completion of courses is now open. ***
** Please do not register for courses until you are ready to start working in them. There is an expectation that a certain amount of work be completed and submitted within 30 days of enrolling, if it is not submitted, you may be withdrawn from the the course.
Note: Teachers will be away for Spring Break from March 11 – 26, 2017. Registrations received past noon on Friday March 10, 2017 will be processed when teachers return to work the week of March 27, 2017
- Complete our online registration form. Click on the following link. Register Now
Keep in mind that registration acceptance only moves the registrant to the review stage, it does not guarantee entrance into our program. We advise adding sd41.bc.ca to your safe senders list in your email to avoid having our emails to you go into your SPAM folder.
Final approval and entrance will be granted:
- Once our counsellor and SBRT team review all pertinent files and paperwork and
- If the student learning style fits the online learning profile, and
- Once any applicable course fees are paid